Foodies100 Index of UK Food Blogs
Morphy Richards

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Say yes to a yoga

Going to a yoga lessons is what I've planned to do from a long time. And I make this my new year resolution, especially after my holidays, where I've tried yoga with private teacher.
What I want to achieve from it? I just want to take care of my health and good feelings, relax my mind and body. Hope I will achieve these.




 So what is yoga and how it benefits?


The word yoga originates from the ancient Sanskrit script and its literal meaning is ‘union’. Yoga is a technique which  unifies the body, mind and soul. It is a workout that helps strengthen the body, calm the mind and purify the soul, bringing us closer to a higher power and allowing you to gain higher consciousness.

These features of yoga have just convinced me to try it. The first classes have showed me that it is not so easy as it seems to be, that it need quite a lot of efforts, that my body is not flexible at all and that I will have to make a lot of work to stretch it that it will require a lot of patience from me.
It's turned out that yoga isn't boring and that it's not only a meditation but also physical exercises.

Yoga helps to modulate stress. This in turn reduces the heart rate, thereby lowering blood pressure and easing respiration. Yoga, as an effective way to fight stress, also helps to become strong and less sensitive towards pain.Thanks to it me start to know our body, our breath and our strength.
After these first classes I've seen that I am more relaxed, I have more energy and more smile on my face:-)


I will try to show you what I've learn, what positions and what is they impact and benefits.
How about you?Have you tried yoga before, what is your experience?Or maybe you prefer other forms of fittness?



No comments :

Post a Comment